Author Topic: Robotech, Who's got theirs?  (Read 2038 times)

Larkin Vain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Robotech, Who's got theirs?
« on: December 04, 2014, 05:36:52 AM »
Just curious who else on the island got their Robotech and what faction are they working on. I got mine it and I'm still undecided what faction to start working on.

amory

• View Profile
Re: Robotech, Who's got theirs?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 09:44:49 AM »
I got mine...build the zendtraei first, they're eaiser.

Also, time to make tiny buildings!

Cats Laughing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 10:54:29 AM »
Jamie has his, assembled a guardian-stage veritech, gave up looking at pile of remaining model (part of this may or may not be true)
"when we understand what someone says, it's always at least partly a hallucination" - Mark Liberman, UPenn

Hush

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 11:17:06 AM »
Got mines, basically spent the night sorting out the spruces and organizing them. Built a Veritech fighter as well.

Not too bad, the plastic is "softer" than other games, allows for trimming.

Tell me, what type of glue is everyone using? I'm using model glue (the type that fuses) because the pieces are damn tiny.

The nostalgia in me wants to do veritechs, but I want my Monster to drop mass destruction on things.

djkickz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:09:13 PM »
Jamie has his, assembled a guardian-stage veritech, gave up looking at pile of remaining model (part of this may or may not be true)
this is 100% accurate.
holy #$%& tho thank god for plastic glue.  i have no idea how i would have attached the missiles to the bottom of the wings straight if it wasn't for plastic glue.

also if you have not already done so, before putting anything together join the Robotech Tactics International group on facebook and go to the files section and download the Robotech RPG Tactics Sprue Reference pdf.  that will save you 95% of the headache.
I heard a lot of people complaining about how many pieces and how difficult the models are to put together but to be honest, having put together some of the new malifaux plastics and lots of the squirly warmachine models (I'm looking at you abby2) as long as you have that sprue reference pdf these are super easy.

Cats Laughing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 01:12:50 PM »
So, dumb question time.  How is the game play?
"when we understand what someone says, it's always at least partly a hallucination" - Mark Liberman, UPenn

scuy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 05:45:37 PM »
I help put together one, and that was it for me.  =)   Wish the casting, assembly and layout was thought out better. How does the game play?

Super_Skrull

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 05:26:25 AM »
So, dumb question time.  How is the game play?
no one knows, by the time they finished making the army they have no thumbs left to turn the pages of the rule book.

djkickz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 11:07:58 AM »
mars gave me a demo and the game was really fun!