Author Topic: BATTLETECH  (Read 2300 times)

teve

• View Profile
Re: BATTLETECH
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 09:28:04 PM »
All the stuff they had back then was old stock that was kept in a box and not on the shelves.  I know Other Realms has a small selection of stuff as well now.  But yeah if you want to play some Saturday the I'd love to.   

SkinWalkerNeal6

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 09:00:53 PM »
I just got confirmation that I'm working again this Saturday..so no go for me yet.

Yeah, I saw Other Realms few battletech items and wasn't too inclined to buy any of it.  The internet/amazon had the best deal that I could find on the island.

But until I can actually get a full weekend off, we can discuss scenarios or battle plans?

Beyond just trying the fast set-up battle, what thoughts do you have?  I know that a battle by tonnage alone is not fair, but is easy and fast...

I again would like to start small/old tech to get warmed up and not use a lot of the detailed rules until we are all fluent again... So keep to pre-clan Tech Lvl 1 mechs? 

How big are you on the background/history of a battle?

Thanks again for replying and keeping this thread alive!  We will get our mech on!!

Laters

teve

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 10:22:30 PM »
Well I know that each Mech has a Battle Value that roughly helps balance your forces against one another.  www.sarna.net is a good place to check for those and just general Battletech info.  The 3039 stuff balances decently based solely on tonnage since you don't have all the crazy technology being factored in yet.  I'm fine with sticking to pre-clan invasion stuff.  Especially since I don't even own anything from that era.

Most of the mechs I own are in the 50-55 ton range and I'd probably field a Blackjack BJ-1, Hunchback HBK-4G, Dervish DV-6M, and Trebuchet TBT-5N as my go to lance.  I enjoy the Battletech history/fluff, so if you want to do historic battles I'm cool with that.

A fun thing to do might be like a mercenary campaign where we keep track of C-bills, salvage, and choose contracts.  Might be a lot of work though but if we get bored just doing pick up games it's something to consider.