Author Topic: August 15th - WarmaHordes Steamroller Tournament!  (Read 668 times)

Haz-Matt

• Administrator
  • You're welcome.
    • View Profile
    • www.imakereality.com
August 15th - WarmaHordes Steamroller Tournament!
« on: August 03, 2015, 02:49:23 PM »
WARMACHINE AND HORDES TOURNAMENT
When: Saturday, August 15th!

Where: In-store at Other Realms

Cost: $10 entry fee to go towards prizes, etc.

Format:
- Steamroller Tournament
- Deathclock
- 50 points
- 1 or 2 lists (no ADR, no D&C, if using 2 lists then both must be from the same faction)

What can I win?: Prizes awarded to the overall top 3 winners based on victories (standard scoring and tie breakers).
Prizes will also be given for painting, sportsmanship, or whatever else floats my boat.

Time: Registration starts at 10am; dice roll by 11am.

Please post here or on the Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/848082938603186/ - if you are interested in playing.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:52:29 PM by Haz-Matt »
How do I do that thing I do so well?

Cats Laughing

• View Profile
Re: August 15th - WarmaHordes Steamroller Tournament!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 08:41:37 AM »
A couple of notes (to clarify/add to what Hazmatt wrote):
(Primarily for Joel who may have been out of touch regarding these things, but also useful for gamers new to Steamroller tournaments)

Steamroller 2015 rules are here: http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
  • a) There is a Player Record Sheet in the Steamroller rules pack available in the above link.  It would be useful to fill this out prior to arriving at the Tournament as it will save you time and help the tournament run smoothly. 
  • b) The Steamroller rules actually say that Players must bring two copies of their lists.  I would bring three copies (one for Hazmatt to check for list legality, one to share with your opponent prior to the game, and one to keep for yourself and mark your scores and list selection on.
  • c) Note the SR2015 Objectives are part of your list, please make sure to include the type of Objective when writing down your list(s).  There is a line for this on the Player Record Sheets, which is why these sheets are recommended.
Deathclock at 50pts is 60 minutes per player.  You can start using this in your practice games to prepare.
  • 60 minutes per player is ~2 hours per game, expect 3 games, maybe 4 if a large number of people play.  This meants your looking at a around 6 to 8 hours, with ~another 1 hour for 'between game administration' which means the tournament will likely finish between 6pm and 8pm.  This can be sped up if games finish faster.

The Facebook group is closed (so we don't get spammed with Rayban ads), so just ask to be added and a mod will add you.
"when we understand what someone says, it's always at least partly a hallucination" - Mark Liberman, UPenn