Author Topic: Throne of War - 40k ITC Tournament - Dec 6th, 2015 - The Armchair Adventurer  (Read 1211 times)

amory

• View Profile
Throne of War 2015 ITC Tournament

The Armchair Adventurer is hosting a 3 round, 1850 pt ITC Format league event on Sunday, December 6th, 2015
ITC Format and Missions  -  ITC FAQ

For up to date information on the event, watch this thread or you can like and follow us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ThroneOfWar

Cost will be $35 entry per player. 
Signups will be available starting in November at the store.  Players travelling from off island or out of state can call to reserve a spot.
Players will be provided with a printed (or downloadable) player packet

Schedule for Sunday, December 6th, 2015
9:00AM - 9:50AM - Registration will begin at the store
9:50AM - 10:00AM - Table Assignments
10:00AM - 12:45PM - Round 1
12:45PM - 1:20PM - Lunch Break
1:20PM - 1:30PM - Table Assignments
1:30PM - 4:15PM - Round 2
4:15PM - 5:50PM Dinner Break
5:50PM - 6:00PM - Table Assignments
6:00PM - 8:45PM - Round 3
9:00PM - 9:15PM - Award Ceremony

Prize support will be based on the number of players participating.
If we get the targeted 32+ players: Prize support will include:
1st: Warlord Trophy, Name engraved on the Throne of War plaque, and first choice of FAT Mat.
2nd: Second choice of FAT Mat
3rd: Third choice of FAT Mat
Renaissance Man (Best Painting + Mission Score) or 4th Place: 4th choice of FAT Mat
Other prize support TBD

In addition to having fun in a competitive environment, the purpose of the league is to get players familiarized with the ITC FAQ and missions which will be used in the Tournament and to have time to refine lists and paint forces.  The purpose of the tournament is to give local players planning to travel to mainland ITC tournaments practice, and to give local players that can't afford that, to get a small taste of that scene.  Hopefully we can attract some mainland players down for a few games too.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here, or PM me.

Comrade Kommissar

• View Profile
It says a Detachment cannot include more then one Lord of War, but what if a Formation specifically states two take two of them?

The Heavy Retribution Cadre within the new Tau Codex requires one unit of ghostkeels and two units of Stormsurges. Can I still take this formation?

I assume the answer is yes because of the exception that Imperial Knights have when taking an Imperial Knight detachment, but I still want to make sure.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 12:29:12 AM by Comrade Kommissar »

amory

• View Profile
Frontline gaming has been discussing this on their podcast.  Currently, the answer is no.  According to the ITC rules, this formation is not allowed.  Imperial Knights are not the only exception to the one super heavy or gargantuan creature limit; in the latest ITC poll, the community voted that Tau can take one unit of Stormsurges (1-3 models).  This ruling is noted on the tournament format page.  You can submit the question regarding the formation to their Rules Submission Form and they will put it to a vote.  It might be legal by the time the tourney rolls around.  I will take a look at the codex when I get my hands on it.  Also, I'm planning on running at least one ITC event each quarter.  Q1 2015, I will be doing a battleforged tourney where this will be legal.

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/community/frontline-gamings-independent-tournament-circuit/itc-2015-season-40k-tournament-format/

Regardless of Detachments, no more than 1 Fortification and/or 1 Super Heavy/Gargantuan Lord of War may be taken from the allowed LoW list, below.
Exception: One detachment in your army may include an Imperial Knight. So long as the detachment restrictions allow for multiple LoW, you may exceed the 0-1 LoW restriction within this detachment so long as all other LoW are also Imperial Knights.
Exception: One detachment in your army may include a unit of Tau Stormsurge. This unit may contain more than one Stormsurge model.

amory

• View Profile
I picked up the codex and it does say two units of stormsurges, which would be two lord of war selections, which is a no go for the ITC format.  Frontline also discussed on the podcast and also said it would not be allowed for ITC formatted events. 

Comrade Kommissar

• View Profile
But I can still take a single Stormsurge unit of (1-3 models) ?

amory

• View Profile
But I can still take a single Stormsurge unit of (1-3 models) ?
yes, that has been voted on and passed into the ITC FAQ as legal.  You can have three stormsurges in one unit...watch out for assaults!

amory

• View Profile
Also, signup sheet is now available at the armchair adventurer.  Please help promote this tournment as it will help grow the local community and get your score listed in the ITC rankings.  The tournament scene is competitive, but should also be fun. 

We will have a dozen tables worth of new terrain specifically built for this and future tournaments.  Prize support will be awesome as well.