Author Topic: 8th edition so far  (Read 403 times)

Wulfen

• View Profile
8th edition so far
« on: June 05, 2017, 05:34:12 PM »
Between leaks, the daily release of rules by GW and the store copies of the index's arriving; by now nearly everyone has seen some of the new stuff coming out in 8th edition. Thoughts? Like or dislike? Any Rule changes you spotted?

I'm liking most of what I'm seeing, mixed bag on what they've done to my guard; but we will survive. 3 of the bigger things that recently came to focus was the Valkyrie helstrike missiles are no longer one use (guess, they started carrying reloads in the cargo bay.),  scions can now take 4 special weapon in a 10 man squad, and vetrans can now take a heavy flamer, 3 special weapons, a heavy weapon, and vox caster all at once.
shipwreck: ah shut up and fight.

amory

• View Profile
Re: 8th edition so far
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 09:24:13 AM »
Instead of absolute thing like ignore cover or save or remove from game , things have transitioned to doing variable +1 modifiers and degrading damage.  The big exception to this is mortal wounds, but even those are rare and it takes a lot of them to take down a big unit.

Wulfen

• View Profile
Re: 8th edition so far
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 03:47:35 PM »
The command squads in the guard have just become my bread and butter; as I released 2 new ways of playing them. The first is straight forward and simple, use them as a fire team (4 man unit); with bs3+ To hit, having 4 guts running around carrying sniper rifles, plasmaguns or any of the special weapons guard have access to can be quite mean. The second is using them as a medical corp, due to the changes of the medi-kit; you can easily have the medic sprinting from one unit to the next patching up the wounded, while the three other vets sole purpose is to keep that medic alive. Find it extra fluffy, especially when you consider a medic willingness to double back because an officer has been hit.
shipwreck: ah shut up and fight.